Dartmouth is a multi-award-winning
recruitment company with a unique 'Classroom to Boardroom' business model. From
fast-growing start-ups to PE-backed businesses, and FTSE 250, we partner with
ambitious businesses to help them identify exceptional talent from
school-leavers, all the way up to the C-suite.
Long-term thinking is hard-wired into our
DNA. We support our candidates through their whole career journey and assist
our clients in finding their most valuable asset - you.
Our key differentiators? Kindness and
We're not a typical recruitment business. We're known for supporting our candidates on their journey from the classroom to the boardroom, providing advice and guidance along the way. Our passion is to identify brilliant talent, for brilliant companies and we do this by placing people at the core of everything we do.
About the role
Dartmouth's New York team is located in the heart of Manhattan. Our Private Equity team is a small, entrepreneurial team who have been established in New York since 2021 and is already proving itself as a market leader in the space. We are now looking for a driven, energetic recruiter to join our high-performing team.
The team is made up of specialist Private Equity recruiters who execute searches for a broad range of Private Equity clients across venture capital, growth equity, mid-market, and large-cap LBO firms across the US.
Your role will focus on networking and connecting with candidates in the industry, understanding their key drivers and motivations in order to match them to the right roles.
Knowledge is one of our core values, and you will develop thorough sector knowledge, becoming an expert advisor to candidates and clients alike.
You will work closely with your team to develop relationships with existing clients and in time, develop into a 360 recruiter building your own new client relationships through consultative business development. Your role will be broad and you will have the opportunity to deliver research projects, build market maps, analyse and report market trends, and work on the creation of value-added DEI events.
What you'll bring
- Ideally, you will have already started your career in recruitment or in a similar industry. Or, you have had an internship or work experience that has provided you with transferable skills to make the step into your first role.
- Keen interest in private equity and the financial services market
- Passion for a long-term career in recruitment
- Confident ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong work ethic and a passion for a career in recruitment
- Intellectual curiosity
- Bright, engaging, charismatic personality
- Attention to detail and research skills
What you'll get
A high-performance environment where we take our work seriously but not ourselves
- Competitive base salary + industry-leading commission
- Career tracks into high-billing desks and management roles
- The option to work from home one day a week
- Opportunities for international secondment
- Development and education curriculum from our Performance & Development team
- Full medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits
- Over 25 days PTO, sick time, wellness resources, and other lifestyle benefits.
With global offices in London, Frankfurt, Paris, New York, and Charlotte, we're also able to offer international secondment and relocation opportunities to the right individuals.
We're changing the game and we want you to change it with us. If people are at the core of everything you do and you want to work in an environment where you can truly be yourself, get in touch.
Equal opportunities statement
At Dartmouth Partners, we know that high achievers come from all walks of life. Diversity is important to us and we are committed to providing equal opportunities for all of our candidates.